The Strategic Planning series may prove to be exactly what your team needs to move to the next level. The very process of gathering key people around the table and discussing the future is beneficial to any organization, as long as it stays focused and productive, and creates a positive climate where everyone contributes significantly. The higher level of teamwork and commitment are by-products of the plan.
Outputs From The Process
* Vision and Values - Learn about the big picture and “rules for the road” that create the umbrella and the culture for the organization.
* Mission Statement - Accomplishments for the next planning period to draw closer to the Vision.
* Critical Goal Categories - Learn the eight factors that are individually necessary, and together sufficient, to virtually assure the achievement of the mission.
* Business Plan - Initiatives to pursue during the next 12-18 months (S.M.A.R.T. goals under the Critical Goal Categories). As the plan is shared throughout the organization, individuals might develop their own goals to support these large initiatives or other ones to support Critical Goal Categories.
* The Market Plan - Getting the word out about the organization
* The Sales Plan - Develop a strategy on contacting prospective and current clients.
* Follow-Up Tools (Financial Projections) - Create a budget that FOLLOWS the plan rather than DRIVING the plan.
The creation of an outstanding plan is not what will make it successful—it’s the IMPLEMENTATION of the plan that counts. So, although you’re finished with the writing of the plan another key deliverable is:
Follow-Up Plan and Implementation Process - This process does include follow-up meetings. This could be done monthly or quarterly meetings, or be incorporated into the Executive Leadership coaching process for individual implementation support to continue the focus on the behaviors, attitudes, and goal achievement that will get the plan done.
The process is customized and tailored to achieve the measurable outcomes set by each specific client.
“With a clever strategy, each action is self-reinforcing. Each action creates more options that are mutually beneficial. Each victory is not just for today but for tomorrow.”
― Max McKeown